I am this close (can you see my fingers squeezed together to tell you just how close l am) to finishing Block One of Down in the Garden, Leanne Beasley's new BOM. I have made 2 of Leanne's BOM's in the past and thought this time l'd play around with the colors. Rather than go scrappy l have decided to use just 8 fabrics. I have built my selection around a very yummy red fabric that l have wanted to use for a couple of months.
And now that l have told you the background l will get to the point, I made the top block first. I have used the very yummy red fabric and another one - the yellow. It goes beautifully with the red. BUT when l made the block it was too much. It just didn't work for me. So changed to yellow to the salmon pink color and l love the results. Just wanted to highlight the differnce the choice of fabric can make to a block.
Will have the whole block finished over the weekend for you to see.